Losing a loved one can be an emotional and stressful time. We provide all our clients with friendly, efficient, professional and sympathetic advice and assistance.
We are happy to visit you at your own home at a time that suits you or you can meet us at our offices whichever is more convenient.
There are many practical issues to manage when someone dies which are the legal duty and responsibility of the personal representatives. Registering the death and obtaining copies of the Death Certificate is the first step. Once this is done we can help with all aspects of the administration including:
- Arranging The Funeral and arranging settlement from the estate.
- It doesn’t matter whether there is a will or not, we can help with applying for a Grant of Probate or Letters of Administration – We will advise if this is necessary and then liaise with both the Inland Revenue and the Probate Courts to ensure this is done in a timely fashion.
- We will take away the stress of informing all relevant persons and organisations – Banks, Life Assurance Companies, Employers, Local Authorities, Inland Revenue, etc.
- We deal with all of the forms required by HM Revenue & Customs so that it can be established whether any Inheritance Tax is payable or if any Income Tax is due to be rebated to the estate. We will complete the Probate forms required by the Probate Registry.
- We can arrange to sell the deceased’s house, arrange specialist insurance whilst the building may be empty and deal with conveyancing issues on your behalf.
When the Grant of Probate is received and the assets and liabilities dealt with the Estate can be distributed in accordance with the terms of the Will. We prepare Estate Accounts showing who has received what, and ensure that the beneficiaries get a copy.
We can advise on post-death arrangements and Inheritance Tax planning and can introduce you via our associated companies to Chartered Independent Financial Advisors who will help you deal with any inheritance received.
If you have recently lost someone and looking for initial guidance and advice, please download our free Bereavement Advice and Probate Guide as a starting point. We hope this will help you through this difficult time.
Back to services